Monday, March 19, 2012

Lacing Up My Trainers...Again

I've started running again.  I feel like I say this a lot and I probably do b/c I start and stop a lot.  I started up again in January and then I got a terrible cold which put me out of commission for about 2 weeks, then I lost all motivation once I got healthy.  A whole month went by and I read this...

This is what got my ass back in gear.  I started running last week and although I'm doing a little bit at a time, I'm still doing it because...


I'm pseudo in training for a 10K. I haven't signed up for one yet, but that is my main goal.  I'm only up to 2.25 miles (that was this evenings workout) and while I do have to stop and walk a little bit I'm still building up my stamina.  I find, while it is still a big challenge, I'm not hating it like I used to.  I don't love it...but I'm not cursing my head off the entire time.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  I'm not sure if I have mentioned this in the past, but I'm the girl who used to fake asthma attacks to get out of running in gym class...I don't have asthma. It worked though, never in my entire school career had I completed a mile.  And look at me banging out 2 miles after work...BOOM! 

So I will leave you now with these words of wisdom...





2 comments:

  1. I have put on and take off my running cap many, many times since moving here. I ind it harder to stay focused without a running group to answer to. Luckily I've roped my husband into being my running buddy :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melizza - Well done you. I know, I wish I had a running buddy. Once I get better at running I might join a running club.
    Thank you for the luck!

    x

    ReplyDelete