Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

I spent Valentine's evening with my flatmate. We took a boat ride on the Thames enjoying the views of London while enjoying a glass of champagne and ignoring all the couples on the boat with us.  It was a beautiful and clear evening in London which made for a really nice cruise.  Post boating we headed back to home and ordered take-away from a local noodle restaurant. The women at the restaurant were giving mini roses to the women who came in, it was very sweet.

Valentines Day makes me miss my dad. Without fail, every year my dad would give my sister and me a box of chocolates from a local candy shoppe in town and a vase of fake flowers. He would say to us that he always buys fake flowers as they last forever and real flowers die.  He was always thinking :)

I have to say, being that Valentine's Day is a Hallmark Holiday geared towards couples, I had quite a lovely time with Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment