Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Progress

It's been a while since I had any updates on the London move.  Since it's not happening until mid July I'm sort of at a standstill with things.  However, I have made some progress in the living situation and the banking situation.  I might have a roommate flatmate who I am meeting in June when I am over there for my show.  I joined a website called Spareroom where people put up profiles to advertise a room or to advertise yourself as a potential flatmate.  I have found a couple great places but many of them are available now so the time line is off, but I was contacted by someone who I have been emailed pretty regularly and I am keeping my fingers crossed as it seems quite promising.  The area in on the border of Zone 2 & 3 in SW London near a park and about a 10 minute walk to the Tube or Rail.  Its a brand new development where he is buying a flat and need a renter to help pay the mortgage.  I'll be sure to keep you updated on this.

Also, I find out a way to open a bank account while here in NY.  Thanks to my uncle Frank who helped me out immensely! Now all I need to do when I am over there next month is to go into one of the many branches with my identification and it will be opened for me.  I am so glad that hassle is over!  It's all slowly coming together and I am so excited about it.

Oh and lastly, I have been posting on Facebook that I would like 2 free tickets to London...well I found 1!  My mom is going to give me some of her frequent flier miles to help me get my ticket! If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now...My Mom ROCKS! She truly is the best mom in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment