Saturday, January 15, 2011

Thy Friendship Makes Us Fresh

I try to hard to keep my blog happy and upbeat, but every day in my life is not always so.  I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, but right now I am having a hard time not being one. The reason being, I miss my friends. I've been in London six months now and have made a couple friends here, but I miss those who I left.  I mean I left the US with a loads of wonderful friends and moved to a place where I only knew a handful of people.  I'm not going to lie, moving to London and leaving all my friends has been one of the hardest things I have done.  If only I could transport them all to this city I would be the happiest girl ever! Im just in a place where I feel sort of charity case-ish. My flatmate tries to include me but at the same time, he has his own life and friends and I can't expect to just become a part of that. I want to make my own friends and have my own life.  Right now I am sitting home alone on a Saturday night, now this is not something unusual for me. When I was in New York it was quite normal for me to be in on a Saturday night, but it was b/c of a choice I was making and not because I didn't have any plans. Where as, right now I am not out not by choice, but by default b/c I don't have any plans or people to make plans with.  Im sorry, but I am having a full on pity party for myself right now, but Im sad and lonely. *cue David Lee Roth's Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody*

My siblings and nephews
Barrie and Emilee my lifelong friends
The last ones standing at my surprise 30th
Leeland and Laura at my Goodbye NYC, Hello London party
Talia at Iguazu Falls in Argentina last March
My Jack at my 31st birthday
Harry in my first week living in NYC
My As You Like It castmates
Classmates from my acting class
My MAC girls
Erin, my roommate from my first year at university


No comments:

Post a Comment