Thursday, April 19, 2012

London 2012...99 Days to Go

I don't know if you know, but I am one of the many chosen volunteers to take part in the Opening Ceremonies of the London 2012 Games.  Back in November I went on an general audition (I was randomly chosen out of thousands that applied) and got a call back for a more role specific audition in December.  At the middle/end of January I got the official cast offer letter via email.  It was all very exciting.  Originally I was going to be in a more character movement role, but at the last minute I was contacted about taking part in a more dance themed role.  The former dancer and current fat ass in me said yes. Well, last night was my first rehearsal.  While I cannot say anything about the actual stuff we are doing, I can tell you it's going to be A-Mazing!!!

The whole show is going to be directed by Danny Boyle who I met last night!  What a lovely man.  And the whole show will see viewed by about 4 billion people (that's no exaggeration here people, I do mean 4 billion!) Its so so so very exciting, but I do have a long road ahead of me.  Its been a while since this girl has been at a dance class, I'm a little rusty.  But I am up for the challenge!


Will you be watching?

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be watching. I've been an Olympic fangirl since I was a small fry.

    Congrats on the great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete