Monday, April 19, 2010

To Share Or Not To Share

My newest decision that I need to make about my move is if I want to flat-share of if I want to get a place of my own right away.  Originally my only thought was to get my own place but the more I think about it, as time gets closer (and money gets tighter) I'm thinking maybe I want to share a place with 2 or 3 other people.  The biggest pro about moving into a flat-share is that I will save money on rent and bills than if I lived alone.  The biggest con being zero privacy.  Another pro is, although I know a few people over there, if I move in with people I wont be completely alone once I am settled in.  The options I have been weighing seem to be that flat-sharing might be the best thing. I'm thinking about doing it for about 6 months, then I will be able to save some money and look for my own place.  If I really like it I also have the option to stay.

Just curious, what do you think is the best idea?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should flat-share. Seems like a great way to save some money and meet some new people. You can always move out if it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete