Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Playing Catch-up

Again it's been ages...sorry friends!
What have I been up to, a whole lot and nothing much.  I'll begin with my most recent realization, yesterday was the 4th of July and yesterday marks the first time in my almost 33 years that I have not been in the US to celebrate.  Funny enough, here I am living in the country that the US is celebrating their independence from.  Happy (Belated) Birthday America!

I've been trucking away at this dead end job with the weekends keeping my sanity at bay.  Between work, my new blog and a few things here and there, life has been pretty low key...not that I am complaining (well maybe about the job I am.)

Recently I went to see Derren Brown's new show Svengali, which blew my mind.  If you don't know who Derren Brown is, let me tell you a little bit about him.  He is what they call a "psychological illusionist" he isn't like David Copperfield (creep) or Criss Angel (freak), he is a genius! Tom is a fan of his having seen one of his shows last year and he introduced him to me through some television specials.  It's one thing to watch him on television, its another story to see him perform live.  One the walk home Tom and I tried to work out how some of this "tricks" were done and still couldn't figure it out.  Mind-boggling!!!

I have a lot of things coming up that I'm really excited about.  First and foremost, I'm seeing Kevin Spacey play the title character in Richard III which I am beyond thrilled about. I got the tickets back in January and have been anxiously awaiting this.  My one year Londoniversay is approaching this month and I have booked afternoon tea at The Wolseley to celebrate with my dear flatmate! Also my dear friend Laura is coming back to London to visit. She will be heading to Prague for a work conference and I will be joining her for 3 days. I have never been to Prague and am really looking forward to exploring a culture I know nothing about and drinking some good beer! Then she comes back and spends a week with me in London. Laura is one of my most favorite people in the world and I cannot wait for her to get here.  If you have been reading my blog from the beginning you will know that she is the one who helped me get settled the week I moved.  We will be taking in some more culture as we have tickets to see All's Well That Ends Well and Anne Boleyn at The Globe. Then its my birthday :) 

While at present not much has been going on,  I have a lot to look forward too!
Sorry I have been MIA. I hope to keep you in the know about the future things...and hopefully a wonderful new job (fingers crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment