Saturday, July 17, 2010

At The Airport

Here I am at Logan Airport. I will be boarding my flight in about 30 minutes.  My whole family came out to see me off and after a bit of frustration at the check-in window I was all checked in and my bags were sent on the conveyor belt. We hung around the airport (American Airlines terminal at Logan is VERY boring) for about 45 minutes before I went through security.  Here I thought the hardest part would be saying goodbye to my nephews but I lost it when I said goodbye to my mom.  Don't get me wrong I am very excited to be venturing off on this journey but I can't believe I am moving across an ocean, 3500 miles away from all my friends and immediate family. I'm going to toot my own horn for the moment and say that I am proud of myself for doing this.  I have talked about moving to London for 11 years (since I came back from my summer semester in 1999) and here I am doing it.  I never thought I would move out of Massachusetts and I moved to New York and now I am moving to London. It's really very surreal.  Also I am proud of the fact that I set my mind to do this and followed through on it.  Excuse me while I pat myself on the back!

I don't know what else to say other than I am excited to do this. I know I have said this before but now that I am actually doing it I am ecstatic! I am sad that I'm leaving but I know this is something I needed to do.  I just can't believe that it was almost a year ago when I decided that this was something that I was really going to pursue and it seemed like it was so far away. And now it's July and I am on my way.  Sorry if I am repeating myself I just full of so many emotions right now.  I think I am going to go and the next time I write I will be in London!

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. See you soon! Welcome to London. One more beautiful lady for us x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both!

    Laetitia can't wait to see you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Welcome to Europe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and love it! I am moving from Boston to London in 2 weeks so this post is something I imagine I'll be feeling very very soon!

    ReplyDelete