Saturday, July 10, 2010

In One Week

Ok, this is getting to be a little crazy, I move in 1 week...actually less than 1 week since my flight is on Friday! I really need to get my ass in gear and go through my stuff, I can hear my sister now "yeah you do!" I got back from being in Florida yesterday for the week and when I was down there I picked up 2 gigantic suitcases that will hold the contents of my London life.  These cases are the largest ones I can buy without getting charged oversized fees.  I also have my big ass backpack that I bought for my last London trip that I am going to take with me as well, so my life's contents will be in 3 bags. I know I can always ship things over when I get there but as of right now I need to figure out what I am taking with me and what I am leaving behind.  Today I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get some space saver vacuum bags to make more space in my cases...I am a terrible packer.  I wish I knew what to bring really.  I mean I have so much stuff, clothes, shoes, makeup, jewelry, accessories, photos, ugh to think I have to whittle it down to only a few things is stressful.  I don't like stress.  However I know that this is all going to pay off.

I also have my transportation from the airport set up, my uncle Frank will be meeting me next Saturday to help me with my life in luggage :)  God I am so excited, Tom and I have been emailing each other a lot and are really looking forward to finally moving in together and getting to know each other more.  The other really exciting thing that I am looking forward to is that the week after I move Laura will be arriving for a week.  She flies in on 21 July and is there til 26 July.  We have tickets to see Henry IV parts 1&2 at the Globe (I also have tickets to see Comedy of Errors the night before she arrives) and we are going on an adventure to Stratford-upon-Avon to meet up with a colleague of hers that works at the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust.  He is going to take us behind the scenes of the Royal Shakespeare Company and take us to see the Folios!  In true Shakespeare Geekdom we get to touch them...something the general public does not get to do!  I think I peed myself a little when she told me this!

God I have so much to look forward too. I am also really looking forward to reconnecting with friends when I am there too...so be prepared :) Now it's time to weed through my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment