Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm A Londoner!!!

Well it's official, I live in London!  Can you fucking believe it? Yesterday I got off the plane, cruised through customs and waited for my extremely heavy bags to come out.  I'm not going to lie, I was really nervous about getting the bags off the carousel and onto a luggage cart but with the help of a man to stabilize my cart I was successful.  I was then greeted by the smiling face of my uncle. It was great to see him when I got out there since I was stressed out a bit earlier on.  We drove to my flat and where Tom welcomed me with presents...I LOVE presents.  He bought me a cute London key ring for my new keys, a touristy book of London and a great Space NK travel set of soaps, candles and toiletries.  He is so so so sweet, I kind of an in love with him...well you know what I mean.  He "whipped up" an eggs benedict breakfast for us after we got my bags in the flat and the 3 of us sat and chatted for a while.  After Frank went on his way Tom and I just relaxed on the sofa and chatted for a while before I got my room unpacked.  As a welcome distraction from unpacking he and I took a great walk around Battersea Park which is just across the street pretty much.  We also enjoyed a Mr. Whippy (which is much like Mr. Softee for my NYC friends) and then we ate oysters in the park.  Battersea Park is gorgeous and Im so fortunate to have it on my doorstep.  Later last night we went to a bar in Soho where I met some of Tom's wonderful friends and made quite a few aquaintences (I say that since it's only the 1st day) I have to say, I was a trooper last night! I was out, without a nap until 2am and I was going on about 3 hours of sleep.  We had a blast but was equally excited to go to bed.

This morning Tom and I sat at the kitchen table and had some great conversation before we headed out to a quaint restaurant for breakfast in the area.  After a delish breakfast we walked over the brigde to Chelsea (so convenient) and did a lot of window shopping to get some ideas for my room.  After leaving Chelsea we met Tom's friend Katrina and sat in her back yard chatting and laughing before we went home to prepare for more friends, Rupert and Andrew, to come over for dinner.  Tom made an amazing chunky tomato *pronouced with a short A* soup followed by chicken and a great couscous romaine lettuce and veggie salad. Then ending with strawberries and lemon sorbet.  It was not bad at all! Not too shabby!

Today was full of a lot of laughs and a lot of banter about my accent and how I pronounce
words or what I call things, like a sweater is a jumper, a vest is a waistcoat, a band aid is a plaster and a robe is a dressing gown.  I'm learning the "language" Its been great so far! But now its late and I am tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment